Probate & estates

Fixed priced probate and letters of administration applications.

Who takes charge?

The death of a family member or friend is always a distressing experience. Generally, there is plenty of time to grieve before you need to face the practicalities of dealing with the estate.

If you are an executor or beneficiary of a deceased estate, you may find the free information on this page helpful. Details of how we can help and our fixed price services appear below.

If there is a Will

The executor named in the Will is responsible for administering the estate. As an executor of a deceased estate you may:

  • administer the estate yourself;
  • retain a lawyer or professional trustee to assist you with all or any part of the process; or
  • renounce your executorship.

The executor may need to apply to the Supreme Court of Western Australia for a Grant of Probate (see below).

If there is no Will

If there is no Will a family member generally manages the estate. It is generally prudent to apply to the Supreme Court of Western Australia for a Grant of Letters of Administration (see below). It may take some weeks to obtain Letters of Administration. In the meantime the funeral must be conducted and other matters attended to; for example, preserving assets by paying licences and insurance policies. If there is no Will you should discuss these matters with the family members of the deceased so that all interested parties understand what you are doing.

Things to do promptly

Are we holding the Will?

You may retrieve a Will of which you are the executor from our safe custody facility. Please see our safe custody page for our requirements in this regard.

What is a Grant of Probate?

What if there is no Will?

When is Probate or Letters of Administration required?

Administering the estate

How can we help

Apple What we offer

Things you should know

Make an appointment

Real estate transfers

Selling real estate?

We offer a fixed price service for real estate settlements.

Visit: Real estate settlements

Challenging an unfair Will

Visit: Wills Disputes.