This is a new position for a talented Executive Assistant to assist our Directors with the effective operation of our law firm.
Our mission is simple:
We exist to help people simplify and solve legal problems.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers, legal executives, accountants and software developers based in Perth CBD.
Our goal each day is twofold:
- to empower our clients to understand their legal problems, the options available to them and to make good decisions; and
- to help people solve their legal problems. We adopt a practical and pragmatic approach to help people reach a resolution and move on with their lives.
We do this through delivering practical, customer-focused services at fixed prices. We leverage our in-house practice management software ContactsLaw to automate the delivery of services and support our lawyers.
A Birman & Ride team member is a person who:
- is compassionate, but firm when they need to be;
- never complacent;
- adopts high standards as a way of life.
About the role
You will be responsible for providing responsive and high quality legal assistant and paralegal services to our Directors. You will be expected to maintain strict levels of discretion and confidentiality, display a high level of initiative and word processing skills and have outstanding organisational skills.
Day to day responsibilities may include
- Providing general legal secretarial support
- Professional responses to client enquiries by phone and email
- Coordinating appointments, including bookings, document preparation and follow up tasks
- Saving and cataloguing documents to our document management system
- Editing and drafting legal documents and correspondence
This position is not designed for law students who are interested in a career as a lawyer. We are looking for a long-term employee who is interested in a career as an Executive Assistant.
The successful applicant will:
- have outstanding organisation skills and proven ability to work efficiently;
- have a proactive and flexible approach;
- share our mission to simplify and solve legal problems;
- embrace our core values: be kind, do things differently, and strive for excellence.
The following will be highly regarded:
- experience working in an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or Paralegal role;
- a bachelor degree from an Australian university.
What we offer
We welcome applications from full-time and part-time (0.6 or more) applicants. We will negotiate an attractive remuneration package based on experience.
The many good aspects of joining our team include:
- a collegiate team environment in which a sense of humour is essential and every member is encouraged to grow professionally and personally and reach their full potential;
- challenging and interesting work where you are empowered to make a difference;
- an innovative law firm committed to doing things differently, striving for excellence and continuously learning and improving; and
- a genuine approach to flexible work.
- Telephone Jasmine Chan on 9220 4406 in strict confidence.
- Learn more about our purpose and core values.
- Review our brand websites – Perth Wills Centre, Perth Probate Centre, Flat Rate Settlements, GetPaid Debt Collection and ContactsLaw
How to apply
Please email your application including your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Jasmine Chan at email@example.com.
We will not consider applications that do not address the selection criteria.
Start date: As soon as possible.