We need a Graduate Executive – Settlements Clerk to join our close-knit settlements team.
You will manage client files and relationships from the outset
We will accept applications from full-time and part-time (0.8 or more) applicants
Innovative law firm leading the conveyancing industry in Western Australia
Role and responsibilities
You will join our busy Flat Rate Settlements team, taking charge of and managing all aspects of conveyancing matters. We have a high volume of client files and well-established processes for delivering services using our legal practice management system ContactsLaw. You will manage client files and relationships from the outset. Initially you will work under the supervision of the settlements team leader, however we would expect you to work fairly autonomously (in the team environment) within the short to medium term.
The many good aspects of joining our team include:
- a collegiate team environment in which a sense of humour is essential and every member is encouraged to grow professionally and personally and reach their full potential;
- joining an innovative law firm committed to the modernisation of the legal profession and making a difference in the community;
- establishing positive and long-lasting relationships with clients and others in the conveyancing industry.
There is scope for the successful applicant, in due course, to take on a leadership role in the settlements team and become an integral part of the firm on a long-term basis. We expect all of our team members to participate in an aspect of the management of the settlements team and the firm in general.
The successful applicant will:
- have a bachelor degree from an Australian university, preferably in Law, Arts, Economics, Commerce or Business;
- have a commitment to a career in the real estate settlements industry;
- demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills and an ability to manage a heavy workload under pressure;
- share values with our modern law firm.
Experience working in a service-industry environment will be highly regarded, but is not essential. No previous experience in real estate settlements is required.
This position is not suited to those whose career goal is that of an admitted legal practitioner. We are looking for a team member who is willing to commit to a long term career in conveyancing.
$50k – $65k + super, full-time, depending on experience.
Our preference is for a full-time team member, but we will also accept
applications from part-time (0.8 FTE) or more applicants.
- Visit our website to learn why we’re here and what’s important to us.
- Telephone settlements team leader Laura Gaunt on 9220 4414 in strict confidence.
How to apply
Applications must be made via our online application form [click here].
The online application form will ask you to upload your CV, academic transcript and any other supporting documents.
Applications close Friday 4 June 2021.
We may contact suitable applicants to arrange a brief telephone interview.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning 7 June 2021.