Innovative NewLaw firm specialising in all aspects of succession law
The positions are open to full-time and part-time (0.6 or more) applicants
We will negotiate an attractive remuneration package
Birman & Ride is a modern Australian law firm built on NewLaw ideals. We’re a tight-knit, multi-disciplinary team of lawyers, legal executives, accountants and software developers.
Our brands deliver practical, customer-focussed solutions for everyday needs and problems faced by people and businesses. We offer most of our services at fixed prices. We use sophisticated technology and innovative service delivery to overcome traditional barriers to access.
We don’t do everything; instead we target markets where we can make a difference and deliver services we enjoy (which makes it easier to do it well).
Wills, probate and related services have always been core business of our firm. We have a strong base of knowledge and experience from assisting thousands of clients in these fields. We have a high volume of client files and well-established processes using our legal practice management system ContactsLaw.
Who we’re looking for
We seek an entrepreneurial lawyer to join our busy Wills and Probate team and work with us to further develop and expand our services. Key responsibilities include:
- managing all aspects of straightforward matters in Wills, Probate, estate administration and related services. You will manage client files and relationships from the outset. You will work under the supervision of the team leaders, however we would expect you to work fairly autonomously (in the team environment) within the short to medium term;
- undertaking more complex work under the supervision of the team leaders as necessary;
- contributing to business development.
This position is a significant opportunity to develop your professional skills. The successful candidate will begin work in non-contentious matters but there is potential for work in contentious matters in the future.
The successful applicant will:
- be an imaginative and entrepreneurial lawyer with at least 1-year post-admission experience. Experience in Wills, estate planning, probate or deceased estates is highly regarded, but not essential;
- have a commitment to a career as a succession lawyer in the private sector;
- be keen to embrace technology to enhance the delivery of legal services;
- share our values.
What we offer
We will negotiate an attractive remuneration package.
These positions are open to full-time and part-time (0.6 or more) applicants. We are open to flexible working arrangements in appropriate circumstances.
The many good aspects of joining our team include:
- a collegiate team environment in which a sense of humour is essential and every member is encouraged to grow professionally and personally and reach their full potential;
- an innovative law firm committed to the modernisation of the legal profession and making a difference in the community;
- establishing positive and long-lasting relationships.
- Telephone Lucy Dickens on 9220 4401 in strict confidence.
- Read about why we are here and what’s important to us;
- Review our brand websites – Perth Wills Centre, Perth Probate Centre, Flat Rate Settlements, Resolution Family Law, GetPaid Debt Collection and ContactsLaw
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through our online application form [click here].
Applications close on Monday 24 May 2021.
We may contact suitable applicants to arrange a brief telephone interview.
First round interviews will be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021.
Start date: As soon as possible.