Succession lawyers – it’s time to take your career to the next level. Here’s your chance to join our highly-regarded and dynamic team of Wills and estates specialists.
If you enjoy a modern approach to law that is centred around excellence, innovation, compassion and finding practical solutions to your client’s needs, this job is for you!
Our mission is simple: We exist to help people simplify and solve legal problems.
We deliver practical, customer-focused services at fixed prices. We leverage our in-house practice management software ContactsLaw to automate the delivery of services and support our team.
Wills, estate planning, probate and deceased estates are core business for our firm. The work in these positions also and crosses over into many other areas including property, company, debt collection, superannuation disputes and SAT guardianship/administration matters. (If you’ve seen Fisk, you’ll know what we are talking about!).
Who we’re looking for
A Birman & Ride team member is a person who:
- is compassionate, but firm when they need to be;
- never complacent;
- adopts high standards as a way of life.
Key responsibilities include:
- meeting clients, analysing and developing pragmatic strategies;
- advice and preparation of Wills and estate planning documents, Grant applications and estate administration services;
- gathering evidence (including interviewing witnesses), document review, the preparation of pleadings;
- managing all aspects of straightforward litigation matters, including court appearances;
- undertaking more complex work under supervision;
- appearing at mediations, directions hearings and trials; and
- contributing to business development, including contributing to the improvement of our software ContactsLaw.
We are looking for lawyers to work in contentious and non-contentious matters and are willing to tailor the role to suit the strengths and career aspirations of the successful candidates.
Applicants with at least 2 years pre or post admission experience in succession law will be highly regarded.
These positions offer a significant opportunity to develop your professional skills and include potential for leadership and management.
The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to a career as a lawyer in estate planning or deceased estate matters;
- share our mission to simplify and solve legal problems;
- embrace our core values: be kind, do things differently, and strive for excellence.
Benefits of joining us
These positions are open to full-time and part-time (0.6 or more) applicants. We will negotiate an attractive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements.
The many good aspects of joining our team include:
- a collegiate team environment in which a sense of humour is essential and every member is encouraged to grow professionally and personally and reach their full potential;
- challenging and interesting work where you are empowered to make a difference;
- an innovative law firm committed to doing things differently, striving for excellence and continuously learning and improving; and
- a genuine approach to flexible work.
- Telephone Nigel Siegwart on (08) 9220 4402 or Lucy Dickens on (08) 9220 4401 in strict confidence.
- Learn more about our purpose and core values.
- Review the many websites that make up our brands.
How to apply
Would you like to help people simplify and solve legal problems? Apply now!
Please email your application including your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: As soon as possible.