Traffic law

traffic law

If you have been charged or convicted of a Road Traffic Act offence, we can advise you on your legal position, represent you at a plea in mitigation or trial, and make applications for extraordinary driver's licences or disqualification removals.

Initial consultation

$198 / 385

The starting point is to talk to us. For a general discussion, book a 30 minute consultation. If you wish to plead not guilty to a traffic offence, book a 60 minute consultation.

What to bring to the consultation:

  • your photo identification; and
  • documents from the Police or Court (e.g. Prosecution Notice, History for Court).

Extraordinary driver's licence

If you have been disqualified from driving but you need a licence for work, medical or other reasons, you can apply for an extraordinary driver's licence.

Disqualification removal


If you have been disqualified from driving for more than 3 years you can have your disqualification removed – but you will need to persuade the Court that you are not likely to reoffend. We will assess the merits of your case, prepare your application and represent you at the Court hearing.

Our fixed fee includes:

  • meeting with you to take a proof of evidence;
  • preparing your application, including any supporting affidavits;
  • preparing for and representing you at a hearing at the Perth District or Supreme Court.

Our fixed price excludes:

  • Court filing fee for your application ($162.50);
  • travelling time to courts outside the Perth CBD;
  • attendance at an adjourned hearing;
  • Department of Transport costs for reviewing your application (usually less than $200);
  • other expenses you may incur for obtaining supporting documents (e.g. History for Court document, liver function test).
Bethany Moller

Bethany Moller

9220 4441

Why we are here

Frequently asked questions

When does my suspension become effective?

Immediately if you are issued with an immediate disqualification notice. Otherwise, from the time that you are convicted of the offence (i.e. you can drive from the date of the offence until you are convicted and sentenced).

Will the Court take into consideration spent convictions for previous traffic offences?

Yes. Spent convictions will be counted in determining whether this is your first, second or subsequent offence. However, any conviction over 20 years old (spent or active) is ignored.

When can I apply to remove a disqualification?

If you have been disqualified from driving for more than 3 years, you can apply to the Court to have your disqualification removed after the relevant waiting period has elapsed:

Disqualification periodWaiting period

3 - 6 years

3 years

6 - 20 years

Half the disqualification period

20+ years or life

10 years