- 1-3 years post-admission experience preferred. Applicants with substantial pre-admission experience are welcome to apply
- We welcome applications from full-time and part-time (0.6 or more) applicants
- Innovative firm specialising in deceased estate litigation
Our mission is simple:We exist to help people simplify and solve legal problems. We are a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers, legal executives, accountants and software developers based in Perth CBD. Our goal each day is twofold:
- to empower our clients to understand their legal problems, the options available to them and to make good decisions; and
- to help people solve their legal problems. We adopt a practical and pragmatic approach to help people reach a resolution and move on with their lives.
Dispute resolution and litigation services are core business for our firm. We have a highly collaborative approach to our work. We practise in a broad range of litigation with an emphasis on deceased estate litigation, civil litigation and debt recovery.
Who we’re looking forWe’re looking for a lawyer who is committed to a career working in contested deceased estate matters. A Birman & Ride team member is a person who:
- is compassionate, but firm when they need to be;
- never complacent;
- adopts high standards as a way of life.
Key responsibilities include:
- meeting with clients, analysing and developing pragmatic strategies;
- gathering evidence (including interviewing witnesses), document review, the preparation of pleadings;
- managing all aspects of straightforward litigation matters, including court appearances. You will manage client files and relationships from the outset;
- undertaking more complex work under supervision;
- appearing at mediations, directions hearings and trials; and
- contributing to business development, including contributing to the improvement of our workflows and software (ContactsLaw).
Selection criteriaThe successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to a career as a litigation lawyer in the private sector;
- share our mission to simplify and solve legal problems;
- embrace our core values: be kind, do things differently, and strive for excellence.
Benefits of joining usThis position is open to full-time and part-time (0.6 or more) applicants. We will negotiate an attractive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements. The many good aspects of joining our team include:
- a collegiate team environment in which a sense of humour is essential and every member is encouraged to grow professionally and personally and reach their full potential;
- challenging and interesting work where you are empowered to make a difference;
- an innovative law firm committed to doing things differently, striving for excellence and continuously learning and improving; and
- a genuine approach to flexible work.
- Telephone Nigel Siegwart on (08) 9220 4402 in strict confidence.
- Learn more about our purpose and core values.
- Review the many websites that make up our brands.